8 Simple rules for online dating
- Don’t be afraid – If you see a person you like while searching via online dating sites, don’t be afraid to send them a message. Women love a bit of self-confidence and men like honest women. Act fast before another brave person gets there first.
- Don’t be scared of rejection – One of the many benefits of online dating is that rejection doesn’t feel half as bad than face to face rejection. Believe me, i know!…The chances are you will never see that person again and they most likely won’t recognise you if they saw you in real life. Just because you get rejected it doesn’t mean something is wrong with you, the person you contact maybe getting serious with another person so respect their decision.
- Don’t be rude or inappropriate – When messaging someone online be polite, talk like a gentleman or a lady and always show complete respect. This way you will come across as a mature adult and not a child looking for a short term relationship. Chats up lines don’t work unless they make a person laugh uncontrollably and that laughter will most likely be because of how cheesy it sounded!
- Don’t come across as desperate – When engaging in a conversation, don’t act too desperate or needy. Go with the flow. Interested and keen is the impression you want to give.
- Ask the right questions – Ask questions such as: what are your hobbies? What do you do in everyday life? Focus on questions related to personality and character. Any inappropriate questions will most likely result in you getting blocked.
- Don’t ask to meet too fast – Timing is key, don’t ask to meet during the first conversation and certainly don’t ask for a person’s phone number after 2 minutes of conversation. Take your time to get to know a person, do background checks, find them on popular social media websites and do your research before deciding to meet.
- Keep your options open – Don’t add one person and only stay in contact with that one person unless you believe in love at first site and are 100% they are the one you will marry and live with happily ever after. Keep your options open and get to know a few people of your type. This way you will most likely end up finding one partner that matches you best.
- Don’t give up so easily – So it’s been a month and you still haven’t met the partner of your dreams yet. DON’T GIVE UP! There are thousands of new people signing up daily to online dating sites, one of them is destined to be for you, and it will just take some time and patience. Be resilient and one day you will find your perfect match.