Is Islam A Peaceful Religion?

This topic contains 46 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Shoiab khan Shoiab khan 1 year, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 47 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of humdating
    humdating
    Keymaster

is Islam a peaceful religion? With all the tragedies occurring in the world, people are left with varied views. Let’s hear some thoughts!

Profile photo of Salma Rajpout
    Salma Rajpout
    Participant

Of course Islam is a peaceful religion, Yeah there is a lot of terrorism in the world and this is very very depressing and unfortunate and I wish peace to all the families that have lost there relatives. RIP to all the people that have lost their lives.

If people haven’t realised there have been terrorist attacks in Pakistan, Turkey and all these other Muslim countries not just France and non Muslim countries. So why would muslims be killing muslims? makes no sense. ISIS are clearly not muslims. If they were muslims then they would know that killing is HARAM (FORBIDDEN)!!!

The Holy Quran (Chapter 5 Verse 32) – “if any one killed a person, it would be as if he killed the whole of mankind; and If any one saved a life, it would be as if he saved the life of the whole of mankind”

SO…as you can see The Quran and Islam forbids killing. ALSO many other Verses forbid killing and terrorism.

Profile photo of Salim Akbar
    Salim Akbar
    Participant

Salma Rajpout I totally AGREE with what you are saying. May Allah bless you IN SHAA ALLAH.

I have read The Quran in Arabic and English. I have learnt Peace, good doings, right from wrong, how to treat people, what wrong things to avoid. No where in The Quran does it say to harm anyone or kill anyone. Some Islamic websites get Quran verses and change them to make them promote killing and violence. these are the wrong doers and the doers of evil. May Allah forgive them.

Profile photo of Shoiab khan
    Shoiab khan
    Participant

Very well said Salma and Salim. MashAllah

Profile photo of Tony Ahmed
    Tony Ahmed
    Participant

NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Profile photo of Kiran Patel
    Kiran Patel
    Participant

I understand what you lot are saying. I am Indian and I don’t believe in Islam nor have I read The Quran. All of the tragedies that are occurring in the world are disgusting and I have lost a relative due to these horrible attacks.. I feel as if it is full of wrong teachings the quran. Many online sites say that islam is not peaceful. I came here for answers. Salma your verse is good but how can I trust your word and not other online websites?

Enlighten me

Salim Akbar
    Participant

Kiran Patel – Thank you for your message. My first Question to you is – How can you not believe in Islam when you have not read The Quran?

You have to have some knowledge on Islam to decide whether you believe it or not.

Secondly – I am sorry for your loss.

Thirdly – Provide us with the websites that discriminate islam.

Thank you for your message and I’m sure Salma can help you with your questions.

Jazak Allah

Tony Ahmed
    Participant

Kiran you should start by reading The Quran in a language you understand and all your questions will be answered. Read The Quran, The book version from an Islamic bookstore. NOT online as most of them have been changed by islamaphobes.

Profile photo of Shoiab khan
    Shoiab khan
    Participant

It is not Kirans fault for her questions. She has been led astray by these online sites.

Tony Ahmed
    Participant

I’m not saying its her fault Shoiab Khan. No one is blaming anyone here.

Profile photo of Kiran Patel
    Kiran Patel
    Participant

https://thereligionofpeace.com/

This is the website. Please answer my questions only after reading this.

Profile photo of Sumaira
    Sumaira
    Participant

Yh terrorism is ideology. Not religion. All religions have fanatical extremists, but not all fanatical extremists have religions. The Muslims I know are nice people, not violent and they cry for the people who have lost lives in the world from terror attacks. It’s sad how all Muslims have been outlawed and branded as terrorists in some places of the world. Idk, maybe I’d feel differently too if I lost someone to a terror attack..
    I do know that other religions have had violent streaks, but again that isn’t religion, and we don’t look down upon that religion either. It’s just that Islam is ‘hot topic’ at the moment, so everyone NEEDS an opinion on it. And seems the easiest opinion for most is ‘i hate islam’…life is sad sometimes eh?

Salma Rajpout
    Participant

Kiran Patel. Hi nice to meet you, firstly let me say that I am extremely sorry for your loss. Inna lilahi wa inna lilayhi rajioon (We come from God and we return to God). I to lost a relative in the recent Pakistan attack so I feel your pain.

So let me say that The Quran is a book of peace and good teachings, it is also a book to deliver good news! God says in The Quran that there is an afterlife and give the people the good news, The afterlife is described in many verses throughout The Quran, People say that your religion is made up and is not true, well Islam has been proven MANY times to be true by the science in The Quran. Things that were written 1400 years ago in The Quran have only been discovered by scientists in the last 100 years such as Cells, DNA and space. If you type in to Google Science in The Quran you will find MANY verses and you will be amazed. Will they then not believe?

The story of Pharaoh is in The Quran, and Allah says we will preserve his body for future generations to learn from example. This again was written 1400 years ago. Pharaohs body was discovered in the 1980s. Will they then not believe?

We are told in The Quran that the earth is the shape of a ball, again written 1400 years ago in The Quran. Did they have spaceships 1400 years ago to go out of earth and see for themselves? The first people to go out of space to the Moon was in the 1960s. People always believed the earth to be flat. These are just a few points from The Quran proving The truth of Islam.

Are these points not enough to determine that The Quran was given to us from God?

Now there are 1.7 BILLION MUSLIMS in the world, Islam is the fastest growing religion. If The Quran promoted violence and terrorism don’t you think that everyone would be dead by now and instead of there being a population of 6biilion plus there would only be 1,7 bn……

Do you think if Islam promoted violence I would be talking to you in such a calm respective manner?

Islam teaches us to respect every religion. NOWHERE IN THE QURAN DOES IT SAY TO KILL SOMEBODY!

I should not have to provide you with Quranic verses, you should use your intellect and understand these things for yourself. HOWEVER since you asked I will provide you with Quranic verses 🙂

Before I do just remember that websites like the one you provided have been written by a muslim hater, someone that has NO knowledge on islam at all and is simply trying to bring it down. What this person doesn’t understand is that the more they will try and bring Islam down the more people will want to do there own research and when they pick up a copy of The Quran and decide to read it they will revert to Islam. So they can carry on but like I said before Islam is the fastest growing religion and that is not changing. So STOP reading ONLINE Qurans and go buy the actual Quran and read it. That has not and never will be changed by uneducated islamaphobes.

Behold! Allah enjoins justice, and the doing of good,
    and generosity towards one’s fellow-men,
    and He forbids all that is shameful and all that runs counter to reason,
    as well as envy, and He exhorts you repeatedly so that you might bear all this in mind.
    Quran (16:90)

Whoever does what is just and right, does so for his own good;
    and whoever does evil, does so to his own harm.
    And never does Allah do the least wrong to His creatures.
    Quran (41:46)

“Invite (all) to the Way of thy Lord with wisdom and beautiful preaching; and argue with them in ways that are best and most gracious: for thy Lord knows best who have strayed from His Path, and who receive guidance” (Quran 16:125).

“And do not argue with the followers of the Book except by what is best, save with those of them who act unjustly, and say: We believe in that which has been revealed to us and revealed to you, and our God and your God is One, and to Him do we submit” (Quran 29:46).

“…if any one killed a person, it would be as if he killed the whole of mankind; and if any one saved a life, it would be as if he saved the life of the whole of mankind…” – The Holy Quran (Chapter Five, Verse 32).

THESE ARE JUST SOME VERSES FROM THE QURAN TO PROVE THAT ISLAM IS PEACE AND LOVE AND THAT KILLING OR TERRORISM IS FORBIDDEN!

Read The Quran and you will see for yourself. If you would like a free online version of The Quran then you can do this:

Type into google: Our beacon Free library
    Find the Quran English translation on that website.

Here is a link you it: http://www.ourbeacon.com/wordpress/?page_id=21

You can find an English, Hindi, Arabic or Urdu translation on there and it is trusted. I have personally read that and I can confirm it has not been changed in any way. I have also read Yousuf Ali’s, muhammed picthall’s English translation. All are good.

I have given enough information on this topic, thank you for reading and I wish you the best. If you have any questions then feel free to message back.

Take care.

Salim Akbar
    Participant

WOW SALMA! AMAZING POST! I learnt so much, Thank you for clearing this all up. MashAllah you have amazing knowledge. May Allah SWT grant you happiness and health In shaa Allah.

Salma Rajpout
    Participant

Jazak Allah

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Questions?

Send us an email using info@humdating.com or click below to use the online form.

Contact Us

Please fill in the form below to receive Hum news, offers and information via email

SIGN INTO YOUR ACCOUNT CREATE NEW ACCOUNT

Your privacy is important to us and we will never rent or sell your information.

CREATE ACCOUNT ALREADY HAVE AN ACCOUNT?

FORGOT YOUR DETAILS?

Go up